Matt Hagan, driver of the Rinnai Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Funny Car:
- Earned No. 2 provisional qualifying position in Q1 on Friday (4.123 ET at 309.13 mph)
- Scored two bonus points for second-quickest run of the session
- Secured No. 2 provisional qualifying position based off Friday’s Q1 run. In Q2 on Saturday, Hagan ran a 8.378 ET at 80.28 mph.
- Saturday’s Q3 session was canceled due to rain
- Eliminations were not contested due to rain. They will take place during next weekend’s NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals at Bristol Dragway as part of qualifying.
- Currently leads the Funny Car championship standings with a 14-point advantage over Ron Capps.
“It was an odd event this weekend. Obviously we can’t control the weather. If we could, we would be racing right now. It will be interesting to run this race during qualifying at Bristol. All in all, I hate it for Rinnai that we didn’t get to run, but we will make it up to them in the future. It was nice to be the number two qualifier on a hot track on Friday. Our crew guys are used to pressure and always perform, so we’ll get ready for Bristol. I’m looking forward to being back at my home race and hopefully selling quite a few shirts along the way.” – Matt