“The Western Swing wasn’t very kind to us. It was tough having three first-round losses in a row. I think we have some problems with our fuel management system, where we are dropping cylinders. That’s something that’s uncommon for us, so we have to use this next week off to take a look at some things.
We’ll look at what we’ve changed from the beginning of the season to now and go back to where the car is running on all eight cylinders again. We have to get back on top of where we were and how we were doing it. Our Dodge Power Brokers crew wants to perform well in qualifying to set us up for a great day on Sunday. The car had a cylinder out at the step and it was one of those rounds that could’ve gone either way and today, things didn’t go our way.
I always love racing John (Force). He’s a character and I like getting up on the wheel for him because I get excited to race him. He’s one of those guys you just want to beat because he’s John Force. I’m looking forward to the week off to see my family and get back to the farm. The week off will allow us to hit the reset button and get focused to race in Topeka.”
- Earned No. 10 provisional qualifying position in Q1 on Friday (4.200 ET at 251.49 mph).
- Maintained No. 10 qualifying position in Q2 on Saturday (4.085 ET at 303.03 mph).
- Secured No. 10 qualifying position in Q3 on Saturday (4.03 ET at 311.20 mph).
- Eliminated following Round 1 on Sunday:
- Round 1: 4.633 ET at 186.00 mph, lost to John Force (4.277 ET at 277.66 mph).
- Currently second in the Funny Car championship standings, 228 points behind leader Robert Hight.