“It was great to be able to run the DieHard Batteries car again this weekend and bring the scheme back. We struggled a bit this weekend and got behind the eight ball. I think Dickie (Venables, crew chief) really got a handle on the car in Round 1, but we had a tough run against Cruz (Pedregon). They’re a strong team over there and they qualified well. It was two good drag races but, unfortunately, it didn’t turn out in our favor. Sonoma is one of the only tracks I haven’t won at. I look forward to checking it off the list next year. It doesn’t mean we’ll keep our head down. For now, we’ll focus on Seattle and what we have coming up next week. We’ll take the information we learned here and transfer it over. The car is driving good and responding well, so we just have to be a bit more aggressive with it and we’ll be fine.”
- Earned No. 7 provisional qualifying position in Q1 on Friday (4.018 ET at 314.02 mph).
- Dropped to No. 8 qualifying position in Q2 on Saturday (4.023 ET at 315.12 mph).
- Secured No. 11 qualifying position based off Q1 run on Friday. In Q3 on Saturday, Hagan ran a 4.160 ET at 239.44 mph.
- Eliminated following Round 1 on Sunday:
- Round 1: 3.939 ET at 330.23 mph, lost to Cruz Pedregon (3.911 ET at 328.70 mph).
- Currently second in the Funny Car championship standings, 144 points behind leader Robert Hight.