“Having qualified fifth this weekend, we had a good racecar. We’re just trying to gather more data in the heat. Dickie Venables (crew chief) always has a great handle on what he’s doing and the decisions to make next. I know he’s always got a great game plan. Once we get out to Denver, we’ll be doing the Dodge Drive Event on Wednesday and Thursday, so we’ll have a long and productive weekend to start the Western Swing. We’ll be changing up our entire combination and use the one we had last year when we won at Bandimere. We’ll take what we learned here and tuck it away until we get to another hot racetrack with similar conditions and we can apply the knowledge we learned this weekend in the Dodge Power Brokers Funny Car. All in all, it’s tough when you’ve been on such a roll to go out in the second round a couple of times in a row, but that’s drag racing. We’ll keep digging and growing and building our data to move forward.”
- Earned No. 8 provisional qualifying position in Q1 on Friday (4.078 ET at 310.34 mph).
- Earned No. 5 qualifying position in Q2 on Friday (3.917 ET at 329.91 mph).
- Maintained No. 5 qualifying position after Q3 on Saturday, which was based off Friday’s Q2 run. In Q3, Hagan ran 6.650 ET at 101.75 mph.
- Secured No. 5 qualifying position based off Q2 run on Friday. In Q4 on Saturday, Hagan ran a 4.049 ET at 311.99 mph.
- Advanced to Round 2 on Sunday:
- Round 1: 3.948 ET at 322.65 mph, defeated Tim Wilkerson (8.509 ET at 104.92 mph).
- Round 2: 4.876 ET at 173.45 mph, lost to Bob Tasca III (3.941 ET at 327.27 mph).
- Currently second in the Funny Car championship standings, 21 points behind points leader Robert Hight.