“What an awesome weekend at Bristol as far as fans, friends and family members at the track that’s two hours from my home. There were a lot of Matt Hagan shirts everywhere. It was a really neat experience being able to run the TruHarvest Farms car for the first time in the NHRA and debut it here at Bristol. It was a super tricky racetrack out there today and these cars are just as hard to pull back as they are forward, and we just had a really fast racecar. You have some give and take in life. It’s just one of those things where having a fast racecar like that is tough and tricky. I have all the confidence in my guys to roll into Norwalk with our Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat and keep doing what we’re doing. This was a challenging track, but the NHRA did a good job trying to prep it. It’s tough for all teams, so it comes down to which tuner, team and driver can find the right combination to get down the track.”
- Earned No. 3 provisional qualifying position in Q1 on Friday (4.172 ET at 235.23 mph).
- Scored one bonus point for third-quickest run of the session.
- Unable to make a run in Q2 on Saturday due to mechanical malfunction. Following Q2, Hagan was the No. 7 provisional qualifier based off Friday’s Q1 run.
- Secured No. 4 qualifying position in Q3 on Saturday (4.014 ET at 318.09 mph).
- Advanced to Round 2 on Sunday:
- Round 1: 4.169 ET at 279.79 mph, defeated Phil Burkhart (7.915 ET at 76.96 mph).
- Round 2: 4.914 ET at 201.70 mph, lost to Alexis DeJoria (4.068 ET at 317.12 mph).
- Currently leads the Funny Car championship standings with a 42-point advantage over his nearest pursuer, Robert Hight.